If anyone needs me, I'll be reading. Please don't need me.

If anyone needs me, I'll be reading. Please don't need me.

Monday, May 23, 2011

Breaking the routine


Never let it be said that I only enjoy mystery novels and superhero movies. Yesterday a friend and I took a jaunt into center city Philadelphia to hear the famed Philadelphia Orchestra perform the majestic Beethoven Symphony #9. It was a tremendous performance, one my friend and I will remember for years to come.

Nicely accessorizing the 2:00 p.m. performance were a couple of glasses of wine prior to the performance at a nearby French bistro, and a couple of glasses after the performance, at a popular Italian restaurant in the area. The less said the better about the glass of indifferent Chardonnay we each had during intermission.

The Philadelphia Orchestra performs in Verizon Hall, the main performance venue inside the Kimmel Center on Broad Street, the city's main thoroughfare. Pictured is the public space just outside Verizon Hall, but still inside the Kimmel Center, just after the conclusion of yesterday's performance. Yes, that's replica of the Eiffel Tower in the photograph. The impressive structure, which is lit up at night, was recently constructed as part of a citywide arts festival.

No comments:

Post a Comment