If anyone needs me, I'll be reading. Please don't need me.

If anyone needs me, I'll be reading. Please don't need me.

Thursday, July 1, 2010

I like it


The new graphite-colored Kindle DX, now available for pre-ordering at Amazon, looks pretty sharp, doesn't it? The dark outer casing is really classy-looking. What's more, the Kindle DX- whichever color you want- has been reduced in price to $379.

It's nice to see that Amazon apparently isn't losing enthusiasm for its various Kindle devices. For a while there it looked like all its attention was shifting to the Kindle experience- selling electronic versions of books for customers to read on whatever device they preferred- rather than spotlighting the innovative Kindle device itself. Nice to see that's not entirely the case.

As much as I love my iPad, my lighter, more durable Kindle (I have a Kindle 2) still has a big place in my reading life. I'm definitely curious to see what Amazon comes up with for the inevitable Kindle 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment