If anyone needs me, I'll be reading. Please don't need me.

If anyone needs me, I'll be reading. Please don't need me.

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Another DVD tip


The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo combines several genres- an Agatha Christie style whodunit, a serial killer thriller, a foreign art house drama, an edgy Eurotrash movie, and an American style buddy adventure- into a fine, compelling film that assumes that audiences don’t need endless action and a relentless pace to stay interested. While I had no problem with the subtitled, Swedish language version of the film I saw in the theater, the DVD offers both that version and a dubbed English version, which is actually fairly polished. Sometimes horrifying, sometimes very moving, always interesting, this film shouldn’t be missed.

Stieg Larsson's original novel, on which the film is based, is available on Kindle for $7.15.

No comments:

Post a Comment