If anyone needs me, I'll be reading. Please don't need me.

If anyone needs me, I'll be reading. Please don't need me.

Friday, December 10, 2010

Tables turned

My insensitive friend is usually the cause of all the big fights he and his wife inflict on the rest of the neighborhood. But things aren't always so predictable, as evidenced by the following story he told me in the bar the other night...

A few Saturdays ago, I got up early, quietly dressed, made a lunch, and slipped into the garage, where I hooked up my boat to our car. I then hit the switch to open the garage, and proceeded to drive out into a torrential downpour. Not only was it pouring rain, but the wind was blowing at least 50 miles per hour. It was bad.

So I pulled back into the garage, turned on the car radio, and discovered that the weather would be bad all day. Sighing, I went back into the house, quietly undressed, and slipped back into bed. Getting a new idea, I cuddled up to my wife's back, now with an entirely different anticipation than for fishing, and whispered, "The weather out there is terrible."

Pulling me closer to her, my wife replied, "Yes, and can you believe my stupid husband is out fishing in that"?

Big fight ensued.

No comments:

Post a Comment