If anyone needs me, I'll be reading. Please don't need me.

If anyone needs me, I'll be reading. Please don't need me.

Friday, January 15, 2010

Gotta try this


Here in the taproom when we're enjoying a nice sirloin or burger, a quality red is called for. Lately we've been enjoying Penfold's Rawson Retreat, a terrific Shiraz-Cabernet blend out of Southeastern Australia. Low key, somewhat fruity, with just the right level of dryness, it really goes well with a meat-oriented lunch or dinner.

The wine was recently profiled by The New York Times as one to look for when searching out a good wine at a non-premium price. Penfold's Rawson Retreat goes for well under $15.00 per bottle retail in most regions, and we've paid about $5.00 per glass during the rare occasions that we visit establishments that actually serve alcohol (if you knew me better you'd know that statement was decidedly sarcastic).

In any event, do yourself a favor and give this warm, friendly wine a try if you come across it. You'll be getting more than your money's worth.

No comments:

Post a Comment