If anyone needs me, I'll be reading. Please don't need me.

If anyone needs me, I'll be reading. Please don't need me.

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Dem bones


Just caught Peter Jackson's The Lovely Bones at our local multiplex. In many ways it's a beautiful, satisfying film, though ultimately- at least at the moment- I have some issues with it. Whether those quibbles have to do with the film straying too far from the original novel by Alice Sebold, adhering too closely to it, or a combination of both, I don't know, not having read the book.

I'll have more to say about the movie later, but for now I will say that- unlike many critics- I had no problem with Mr. Jackson's dreamlike, CGI-rich view of the afterlife; I didn't think the imaginative afterlife scenes overpowered the earthbound scenes at all. But some of the story choices did bother me a little. Again, let me sleep on it, and I'll talk about the movie a little more tomorrow.

The original novel of The Lovely Bones is available on Kindle for $7.50.

No comments:

Post a Comment