If anyone needs me, I'll be reading. Please don't need me.

If anyone needs me, I'll be reading. Please don't need me.

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Spoiled rant


This past Monday, Sirius/XM satellite radio broadcasted a live concert by Paul McCartney, mounted exclusively for Sirius/XM subscribers (some of whom won tickets to attend the concert, held in New York, in person). I was looking forward to it quite a bit, but come Monday night, it was sooooooo darn cold here in the Philadelphia area that I couldn't bring myself to trudge out to my car at 8:00 p.m. to listen to the concert, as was my plan. You see, I haven't yet splurged for a portable unit allowing me to enjoy my satellite radio subscription inside my house.

I reassured myself, though, that Sirius/XM would be sure to endlessly replay the concert in the days following the broadcast, like any other self-respecting, capitalist media company with a popular show. After all, hasn't AMC been replaying episodes of The Walking Dead endlessly every night, to the point where they should just change the name of the station to The Walking Dead Channel? So, yeah, I didn't worry too much as I watched marginal TV in my warm house during the two hours or so I knew the concert was going on.

You can probably see where this is going. It's now Wednesday afternoon, almost two full days after the concert was held (it got some very nice write-ups, by the way, in the entertainment press), and still no re-broadcast. If there's still nothing during my commutes to and from work in the next day or two, I'm really going to be depressed. I mean, what's the point of establishing a temporary Paul McCartney-only station on Sirius/XM if you aren't going to replay the concert conducted especially for the service?

So consider this post both a gripe and an appeal. I'm griping at both my own laziness two days ago, and Sirius/XM for not arranging immediate re-broadcasts of the concert that they promoted like it was the Second Coming. And I'm appealing to the powers-that-be to correct this frustrating situation and get the darn thing on the radio again. Okay, I'm starting to feel a little better now.

Hey, if you can't use your blog to whine and complain on occasion, what's the purpose of having it?

No comments:

Post a Comment