If anyone needs me, I'll be reading. Please don't need me.

If anyone needs me, I'll be reading. Please don't need me.

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Interesting film

Saw Up in the Air this past weekend. Pretty good movie. George Clooney plays a guy who travels around the country firing people (so the actual bosses of those people don't have to dirty their hands with that task). What was cool was that the character, even before he takes a good, hard look at his profession later in the movie, has a kind of integrity regarding his job right from the outset. In his mind, there are right ways and wrong ways to fire people, and he's developed several skills to- again, in his mind- minimize the trauma and stress on the part of the people getting fired. I thought that was an interesting touch, not having the character be a total reprehensible mess right from the start. I'll probably have a little more banter on the movie in a future post, but for now, I'll just report that I think it's definitely worth seeing.

No comments:

Post a Comment