If anyone needs me, I'll be reading. Please don't need me.

If anyone needs me, I'll be reading. Please don't need me.

Monday, January 4, 2010

Another day, another merlot

The warm, burnished, fruit-forward taste of Blackstone Merlot made an especially nice companion to my filet marsala last night. Blackstone produces a variety of excellent wines at its Sonoma County winery, but you can't go wrong by starting out with this basic merlot. Like most of your better merlots, this one walks a satisfying line between casual and complex, making it a good companion to entrees of similar character (like my simply-prepared filet mignon with a delicious, multi-faceted marsala sauce ladled over it prior to serving).

Blackstone Merlot costs a dollar or two more per glass in most restaurants compared to other selections offered, but doesn't quite go for premium prices. It's great for when you want something a little better than perfectly drinkable while trying to avoid emptying out your wallet completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment