If anyone needs me, I'll be reading. Please don't need me.

If anyone needs me, I'll be reading. Please don't need me.

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Bein' green


One of the things I neglected to mention in my previous discussion of The Green Hornet was the cost of seeing it: $30 for two people! Yes, my wife and I saw the movie in 3D, and I was expecting some sort of premium 3D pricing, but $30?? And for a silly, marginally entertaining movie like The Green Hornet?

The 3D effects were fine, by the way, giving the movie that extra bit of value-added ooomph to put it over the top and make it worth seeing in a theater. But still, sheesh... 30 bucks. I guess it's no coincidence that the color green figures so prominently in both the movie's title and the cost of seeing it.

Until now, I've been lucky enough that the price of movie tickets has been sort of invisible to me... when we want to see a movie, we just go see it. Now, with these bloated 3D prices, cost will now be something to at least think about for a moment or two. And that's sort of a sad thing. Does reality have to intrude into everything?

No comments:

Post a Comment