If anyone needs me, I'll be reading. Please don't need me.

If anyone needs me, I'll be reading. Please don't need me.

Monday, April 5, 2010

Battle of the apps

Right now I'm trolling YouTube to look for videos that compare the iBooks application on the new Apple iPad with Amazon's Kindle app for the iPad. No luck yet. The New York Times did weigh in, however, noting that Apple's application looks cooler and does all kinds of neat things, but that (not surprisingly) the Kindle app offers way more books. It also says that, although the page-turning animation and other visual features on the Kindle app aren't as nice as Apple's iBook app, note taking and other academic-type features are much better on the Kindle app, making it the clear-cut choice for students.

More to come as I continue educating myself about the shiny new kid on the block. And no, I have no plans for it to totally replace my Kindle with an iPad... just maybe to give it a little time off here and there. Only a little while longer until the 3G version of the iPad becomes available...

No comments:

Post a Comment