If anyone needs me, I'll be reading. Please don't need me.

If anyone needs me, I'll be reading. Please don't need me.

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Relaxed about things

I don't get nearly as excited about the Oscar nominations as I used to. More and more, I simply like what I like and don't care all that much whether personal favorites get official recognition. Still, from time to time little bits of news please me.

Today, for example, it was nice to see Jeff Bridges get nominated for Best Actor for the second year in a row, for his work in True Grit; he won last year for Crazy Heart. I like Jeff Bridges (I enjoyed him in Tron: Legacy back in December) and it would be fun if he becomes the first actor since Tom Hanks to win Best Actor twice in a row.

But I better get crackin'... I've yet to see either Crazy Heart or True Grit. It'd be nice to have them under my belt before the February 27 Oscarcast. Yes, despite my more relaxed attitude about the world of film, I still enjoy watching the Oscars every year, and both films are sure to be discussed by all the pundits during all the pre-show festivities.

No comments:

Post a Comment