If anyone needs me, I'll be reading. Please don't need me.

If anyone needs me, I'll be reading. Please don't need me.

Saturday, December 31, 2022

Tip #1: Meet Harry Bosch


Happy New Year's Eve! In honor of the coming new year, I'm going to- with no muss and no fuss (and no photos, too!)- give you fifteen short posts recommending fifteen things I enjoyed over the past year. And away we go!

I've been enjoying the Bosch detective series on Amazon Prime these past years, so it was a treat to finally try out one of Michael Connelly's original Bosch novels, The Black Echo. I actually listened to the novel, which was a recently-produced special edition featuring Titus Welliver, who plays Harry Bosch in the series, narrating the book. It's the first novel in the series, and it was immediately fascinating to note how the Bosch of the printed page was adapted into the Bosch of the show. And it made me want to read or listen to more of the novels. So I guess this tip is promoting both the show and the books, but especially that first novel, which was a moody, solid detective thriller. A great Q&A featuring the author and the actor rounds out the audiobook.

No comments:

Post a Comment