If anyone needs me, I'll be reading. Please don't need me.

If anyone needs me, I'll be reading. Please don't need me.

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

A moment in time

Life is about the small, pleasurable moments, and here's one my wife Alison recently had: enjoying a caramel apple martini during a recent visit to Johnny's Steakhouse in Stevens, Pennsylvania.

While I'm more of a straight-up classic martini guy (if you're progressive enough to consider a vodka martini "classic"), Alison usually enjoys flavored cocktails, and she thought this one was a winner.

If you're curious about its ingredients (or maybe want to see if your local bartender can replicate the yummy end result), here is what's in Johnny's very popular caramel apple martini:

Absolut vodka, apple schnapps, butterscotch schnapps, cranberry juice, a maraschino cherry, and a squirt or two of butterscotch syrup inside the glass.

It's almost worth making the drink just to look at it. It looked really pretty sitting on the cherry table in subdued lighting, while we were enjoying our dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment