If anyone needs me, I'll be reading. Please don't need me.

If anyone needs me, I'll be reading. Please don't need me.

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Kindle on iPad!

I haven't been to The Kindle Store in a few days, so I didn't see the March 21 Kindle Daily Post right away. It's pretty big news, and worth reproducing here. Enjoy...

Coming Soon: Kindle Apps for Tablet Computers

We're very excited to let customers know that we've been working on new Kindle Apps for tablet computers, including the iPad. We wanted to give you a sneak preview. Like all Kindle applications, the Kindle Apps for tablet computers will feature Amazon Whispersync technology that saves and synchronizes your bookmarks, notes, and highlights across your Kindle, Kindle DX, iPhone, IPod Touch, Blackberry, PC, and Mac. In addition, the Kindle Apps for tablet computers will feature a beautiful user interface, customizable appearance, page-turn animation, and instant access to over 450,000 books, including new releases and New York Times Bestsellers.

Isn't that great news? Those of us who buy an iPad (I'm leaning toward doing so) will have the choice between using the new iBooks Store being established especially for the device, or our old familiar friend, The Kindle Store. And if we choose the latter, we'll still get to enjoy a few new bells and whistles (like page-turn animation) during our actual reading experience on the iPad.

I'm guessing that Amazon has already checked things out to make sure that its new Kindle App for tablet computers will be accepted on the iPad. It would be a shame if Amazon goes through all the work of creating the app and Apple says, "Sorry, no go". But it sounds like that won't happen.

Anyway, an interesting development, no?

No comments:

Post a Comment