If anyone needs me, I'll be reading. Please don't need me.

If anyone needs me, I'll be reading. Please don't need me.

Friday, November 12, 2010

Deathwatch


By the way, I forgot to mention earlier: I enjoyed the second episode of AMC's new Sunday night series The Walking Dead as much as I did the first. But, more than ever, I can only recommend the show to those who are true fans of hardcore horror. This is some intense stuff. Somehow this series is pulling off scenes and images that even R-rated theatrical horror films shy away from. Amazing.

Judging from the ratings, however, AMC needn't worry about the intensity level. There must be a lot of hardcore horror fans out there. Or, who knows, maybe a large part of the show's viewership are just people who enjoy great characters and storytelling, and those elements are making the horror go down easier.

Anyway, if you sometimes enjoy the "trying to survive against impossible odds" genre and like or can tolerate no-holds-barred horror, give the show a whirl. I'm sure the re-cap at the beginning of the next episode will nicely get you up to speed if you've missed the first two episodes.

No comments:

Post a Comment