If anyone needs me, I'll be reading. Please don't need me.

If anyone needs me, I'll be reading. Please don't need me.

Monday, March 22, 2010

Marital bliss

Greg and Monica are on their way home from a party one night and Greg gets pulled over by the police. The officer tells Greg that he was stopped because his back tail light is burned out. Greg says, "I'm sorry officer, I didn't realize it was out, and I'll get it fixed ASAP."

Just then Monica says to her husband, "I knew this would happen when I told you five days ago to get that tail light fixed."

So the officer asks for Greg’s license and after looking at it says, "Sir, your license is expired."

And again Greg apologizes and mentions that he didn't realize that it had expired and that he would take care of it first thing in the morning.

Monica then says, "I told you a month ago that the state sent you a letter telling you that your license had expired."

Well, by this time Greg is quite a bit upset with his wife contradicting him in front of the officer, and says in a rather loud voice, "Monica, shut your mouth!"

The officer then leans over toward Monica and asks, "Does your husband always talk to you like that?"

Monica replies, "only when he's drunk."

No comments:

Post a Comment