If anyone needs me, I'll be reading. Please don't need me.

If anyone needs me, I'll be reading. Please don't need me.

Friday, December 18, 2009

My first book on Kindle

What was the first book I read (back in those prehistoric days) on my first Kindle? It was The Last Days of Krypton, by Kevin J. Anderson. Being a longtime fan of comic books, movies, science fiction, and thick, involving thrillers in general, it was the natural choice for my initial Kindle experience. Remember how 1978's Superman, The Movie devoted about twenty minutes at the beginning of the movie to life on Superman's homeworld before the planet tragically exploded? Well, Mr. Anderson's book gives you, well... a whole book's worth of story- involving politics, science, an attempted coup, etc.- before chronicling the famous fictional planet's end. It's a pretty good story, and it's now down to $7.99 on Kindle. What was cool was reading this novel, ripe with science-fictional wonder, while experiencing the technical wonder of my new Kindle. It was a terrific week or two of upbeat possibility... before I dove back into my usual diet of cynical crime thrillers, which (to be fair) is fun in its own right. What was your first Kindle book?

No comments:

Post a Comment