If anyone needs me, I'll be reading. Please don't need me.

If anyone needs me, I'll be reading. Please don't need me.

Tuesday, January 10, 2017

It's coming


The upcoming Twin Peaks revival finally has a release date and episode count.  Showtime will being airing episodes from the new 18-episode season on Sunday, May 21.  The program will continue storylines from the first two seasons of Twin Peaks that aired on network TV in 1990 and 1991, as well as the 1992 movie, Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me.

Unfamiliar with the scary, crazy, funny, and surreal Twin Peaks?  You can currently view the first two seasons on Netflix, and the 1992 movie isn't that hard to find, either.  If you watch an episode or two and like what you see, you'll have just enough time to get all caught up before the May premiere of the new season.

You could also read Mark Frost's 2016 novel, The Secret History of Twin Peaks, which is meant to be a sort of bridge between the older stories and the upcoming new ones.  It's said that the audiobook version of the title is quite something, featuring many of the original actors from the show reprising their roles.  I'm probably going to check out the book in one form or another, after shortly re-watching all the original episodes and the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment