If anyone needs me, I'll be reading. Please don't need me.

If anyone needs me, I'll be reading. Please don't need me.

Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Oasis


I enjoyed a nice glass of Chardonnay the other day at Del Frisco's, the popular steak house and upscale eatery in center city Philadelphia.  A colleague and I grabbed a drink there following a banquet luncheon hosted by the Chilean and American Chamber of Commerce of Greater Philadelphia, held at the Hyatt around the corner from the restaurant.  Our company does a lot of business with the Republic of Chile, hence our attending the luncheon.

Anyway, it was just a normal, reliably good glass of Kendall Jackson Chardonnay, but the elegant yet friendly surroundings of Del Frisco's, along with the warm but electric Christmas vibe of downtown, made it a nice little hour-long respite from the real world. Oh, and my friend Nick is always entertaining to hang out with.

I guess the point of all this is to say that in today's hectic world, it's important to grab an impromptu and unscheduled moment of calm from time to time.

No comments:

Post a Comment