If anyone needs me, I'll be reading. Please don't need me.

If anyone needs me, I'll be reading. Please don't need me.

Thursday, November 19, 2015

Question for the ages


Here's something I've always wondered about, and because of all the excitement about next month's new "Star Wars" movie, it feels like a good time to bring it up...

Why has George Lucas always been so concerned that Han Solo not be portrayed as someone who would shoot bounty hunter Greedo, unless he absolutely had to, in the original Star Wars (going so far as to alter the film to make it seem that Greedo shot first and missed), yet had no problem at all depicting Princess Leia brutally strangling Jabba the Hutt with a chain, simply out of anger and a desire for revenge, in Return of the Jedi?

I mean, once Leia escaped from her chains, she could have simply ran away to join her friends in battle.  But, no, she used those chains to, as Quentin Tarantino might put it, get medieval with ol' Jabba.

Interesting, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment