If anyone needs me, I'll be reading. Please don't need me.

If anyone needs me, I'll be reading. Please don't need me.

Monday, October 15, 2012

Fun pumpkin use

Presented here for your pleasure is a glamour shot of a Pumpkin-Tini, which Alison recently ordered at Kyma, a terrific seafood restaurant located just outside Adamstown, Pennsylvania.

The restaurant's Pumpkin-Tini contains (according to the Kyma menu) vanilla vodka, Kahlua, pumpkin spice liqueur, homemade pumpkin puree, and half-and-half, and is served in a martini glass rimmed with cinnamon sugar. 

Readers of this blog know that I'm more of a classic cocktail kind of guy, but I'm always amused by the flavored martinis Alison likes to order, and I have to say that my sample sip or two didn't taste bad at all.  Yes, it was more like a dessert than an adult beverage, but it was flavorful, not too sweet, and there was a nice autumnal air about the whole affair.

There was lots of extra drink left in the shaker, too, which is always a plus.  Alison was able to refresh her glass several times throughout the meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment