If anyone needs me, I'll be reading. Please don't need me.

If anyone needs me, I'll be reading. Please don't need me.

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Attention, cola lovers

Alison often orders drinks based on what looks interesting behind the bar.  In this case, we were recently having a bite at the P.J. Whelihan's in Lehighton, Pennsylvania, and a bottle of Three Olives Super Cola Vodka caught her eye.  She asked our barmaid what kind of drink could be made with it.  The barmaid smiled and said she'd make her something good.

The result is the drink in the photo, which was comprised of the Three Olives Super Cola Vodka mentioned above, Three Olives Vanilla Vodka, grenadine (didn't catch the brand), and Diet Coke, served over ice and artfully garnished with a Maraschino cherry and a slice of green apple.  The Mason jar-style glass was also a nice touch, I thought.

The drink was a bit sweet for my personal taste (I gave it a sip), but Alison liked it a lot.  Anyway, if you think you'd like a drink that pretty much tastes like a combination Vanilla/Cherry Coke with a manageable kick (I think the plain ol' Diet Coke was the lion's share of the drink), you might want to give it a whirl.  And, no, the barmaid didn't have a name for it.  If you come up with a good name, I'll pass it on the next time we're out that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment