If anyone needs me, I'll be reading. Please don't need me.

If anyone needs me, I'll be reading. Please don't need me.

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Street smarts


On this fine Tuesday, it's time for a fresh installment of "Wisdom From Around the Web" (spelling and grammar fixes courtesy of your editors here at "Kindle Taproom"). Let's get underway...

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station.

A clear conscience is a sign of a fuzzy memory.

Money can't buy happiness, but it sure makes misery easier to live with.

Going to church doesn't make you a Christian anymore than standing in a garage makes you a car.

A diplomat is someone who tells you to go to Hell in such a way that you look forward to the trip.

When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the fire department usually uses water.

A bus is a vehicle that moves twice as fast when you are chasing it than it does when you're in it.

If you're supposed to learn from your mistakes, why do so many people have more than one child?

To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is research.

No comments:

Post a Comment