If anyone needs me, I'll be reading. Please don't need me.

If anyone needs me, I'll be reading. Please don't need me.

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Oscar time


The nominations for the 84th Annual Academy Awards were announced this morning. Here's a rundown of the nine films that will compete for Best Picture, along with each film's total number of nominations:

Hugo (11 nominations)

The Artist (8 nominations)

Moneyball (6 nominations)

War Horse (6 nominations)

The Descendents (5 nominations)

The Help (4 nominations)

Midnight in Paris (3 nominations)

The Tree of Life (3 nominations)

Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close (2 nominations)

I've only seen four of the above films, so I have a little bit of work to do between now and Sunday, February 26 (when the Oscar ceremony will air on ABC) if I want to see all the films nominated for Best Picture. But it'll be fun work.

2 comments:

  1. Speaking of awards...I nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award! noveldtales.blogspot.com :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, thanks! For a blog focused pretty much just on the Kindle experience, your blog's posts are pretty varied, too!

    ReplyDelete