If anyone needs me, I'll be reading. Please don't need me.

If anyone needs me, I'll be reading. Please don't need me.

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Fired up

Pictured below is our household's new Kindle Fire, which happily arrived in my messy office today. Here's the thing, though: when I ordered it, only yesterday, I cheaped out and chose Amazon's free Super Saver Shipping option. In return for the free shipping, you're supposed to happily put up with waiting a few extra days to receive your item.

And I was fine with that, as past experience has demonstrated that Amazon's free shipping option adds very little or no extra time to standard first-class, three-days-or-less delivery times. But choosing free shipping and getting my item the very next day? That's a first. And to think I almost paid the extra 11 or 12 bucks for two-day shipping! Boggles the mind.


In any event, I'll shortly post my impressions of the Kindle Fire. But I guess the world of sleek tablet devices is getting so old hat that I'm currently more excited about the fast shipping than about getting the device itself. But I hope that will change once I get home and get to know the thing a little. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment