If anyone needs me, I'll be reading. Please don't need me.

If anyone needs me, I'll be reading. Please don't need me.

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

A thoughtful story


The state of celibacy, often viewed as a special gift that can bring about a calm, meditative lifestyle, can be a conscious choice one makes, or a condition gently suggested by circumstances. Let us take a moment to look at one particular case...

While attending a church-sponsored Marriage Encounter Weekend, Frank and his wife Anne listened to their session's moderator declare, "It is essential that husbands and wives know the things that are important to one another."

The moderator paused, then addressed the men in the audience. "For example, gentlemen," he said, "Can you name your wife's favorite flower?"

Frank, pleased that he knew the answer, leaned over, gently touched Anne's arm, and said, "Gold Medal All-Purpose, isn't it?"

And thus began Frank's life of celibacy.

No comments:

Post a Comment