If anyone needs me, I'll be reading. Please don't need me.

If anyone needs me, I'll be reading. Please don't need me.

Monday, August 22, 2011

Holy Budweiser


Two nuns were shopping at a convenience store. As they passed by the refrigerated beer, one nun said to the other, “Wouldn’t a nice cold bottle of beer or two taste wonderful on a hot summer evening like this one?”

The second nun answered, “Indeed it would, sister, but I would not feel comfortable buying beer, since I am certain it would cause a scene at the checkout counter.”

With a small smile, the other nun replied, “I can handle that without any problem,” and she picked up a six-pack and headed to the front of the store.

Predictably, the cashier had a surprised look on his face when the two nuns arrived with their six-pack of beer. Without missing a beat, however, the first nun said, "Wipe that smirk off your face, young man. We use beer for washing our hair. In fact, back at the convent, we call it Catholic shampoo.”

Without blinking an eye, the cashier reached under the counter, pulled out a package of pretzel sticks, and placed them in the bag with the six-pack. He then looked the nun straight in the eye and said, “In that case, sister, the curlers are on the house.”

No comments:

Post a Comment