If anyone needs me, I'll be reading. Please don't need me.

If anyone needs me, I'll be reading. Please don't need me.

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Sad


Terrible news... Borders has just announced that all of its stores will be closed by September. That's this coming September, folks. As in no more Borders after that.

As much as I've enjoyed my Kindle and my e-books during the past several years, Borders has continued to be a regular stop, where my wife and I would browse books and magazines, enjoy a quality cup of coffee, and- yes- actually buy some of those same books and magazines (that the store graciously let us read without obligation while enjoying our hot beverages). But I guess not enough people have been doing the buying thing, as Borders just can't viably keep the doors open any longer.

I'll miss you, Borders. Though I pretty much saw the writing on the wall, it's still hard to believe that you'll shortly be gone forever.

R.I.P.

No comments:

Post a Comment