If anyone needs me, I'll be reading. Please don't need me.

If anyone needs me, I'll be reading. Please don't need me.

Monday, July 25, 2011

More on Kinsey


Okay, I told you the other day about the newest Sue Grafton mystery on the horizon, so let me take a moment to jump back a little.

Though still undeniably in the early going, I'm now several books into Ms. Grafton's Kinsey Millhone "Alphabet" mystery series, and they continue to be great fun, in turns dramatic, funny, dangerous, and breezily relaxing. F Is For Fugitive, which I recently finished, is no exception.

The book involves involves a years-old murder, who many say was never properly solved, and lots of small-community secrets. We also get to see the tough yet winsome Kinsey wade neck deep into all of this, as well as enjoy a little dose of what's been going on in her life lately.

As in previous books, though, the main mystery story is strong and Ms. Grafton keeps the primary focus on that, to satisfying effect. A lot of talented writers rely on their ability to produce breezy, readable prose, but Ms. Grafton- at least so far- makes sure that a strong puzzler accompanies her smooth writing ability. I appreciate that effort, and hope it continues into later entries.

Latecomer or not to this long-running series, I'm really enjoying that I've finally joined the Kinsey Millhone party.

I happily experienced F Is For Fugitive via an unabridged audio download from Audible.com, but the title is also available on Kindle for $7.99.

No comments:

Post a Comment