If anyone needs me, I'll be reading. Please don't need me.

If anyone needs me, I'll be reading. Please don't need me.

Friday, April 1, 2011

More Spenser and Jesse?

Now here's something interesting... Amazon has something available for pre-order called Robert B. Parker's Killing the Blues, a Jesse Stone novel by Michael Brandman. It goes on sale September 13 of this year.

Was this an unfinished novel by the late Dr.Parker, that this Mr. Brandman (whoever he is) completed? Or is the Parker estate moving forward with finding authors to pen new adventures from scratch featuring the Parker stable of series characters (Spenser, Jesse Stone, Sunny Randall, and Hitch & Cole, if I'm remembering them all)? Or maybe it's a combination of both scenarios: the estate could be sampling the commercial waters by putting out a book that was at least partially written by Robert Parker, and if it's well received, more adventures penned entirely by new authors could follow.

I will look into this and report back. As I said, this is quite interesting. Personally, in concept I don't oppose new writers offering their takes on these terrific characters, if the whole thing is done right.

No comments:

Post a Comment