If anyone needs me, I'll be reading. Please don't need me.

If anyone needs me, I'll be reading. Please don't need me.

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Esoteric gripe

While I'm generally pleased with the formatting of Ellery Queen Mystery Magazine on my Kindle, I do have one complaint. The Kindle version of the anthology magazine routinely removes spaces intended to divide scene changes within a particular story. With the spaces removed, you'd be surprised how many spaces each story's author intended to include, and how awkward the reading experience can be without the space there to provide the intended beat or pause in your head before proceeding to the next scene in a story.

What kind of spaces am I talking about? The kind of space I just inserted between this paragraph and the preceding one, and are clearly in place in the print versions of the stories presented in Dell's family of short-story magazines.

C'mon, Dell, Amazon, or both of you... this is an easily-solved coding problem, and if fixed will bring about a smoother reading experience for your customers.

No comments:

Post a Comment