If anyone needs me, I'll be reading. Please don't need me.

If anyone needs me, I'll be reading. Please don't need me.

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

B is for beguiling


I just finished Sue Grafton's B Is For Burglar, and thought I'd take a second to tell you about it (with me having a blog that often discusses books and all).

In this terrific puzzler, Kinsey Millhone is hired by a woman to find her missing sister. The second of Ms. Grafton’s “Alphabet” mysteries, the emphasis is again on the methodical investigation of the case at hand, which soon grows complicated (though not frustratingly so).

Providing occasional respites from the case are Kinsey’s developing relationship with a new cop friend, Jonah, and a little introspection about how she feels about the burst of violence she undertook at the end of book one (the also terrific A Is For Alibi).

Only two books into the series, it’s already been a lot of fun getting to know Kinsey and watch her solve cases. I’m looking forward to more of both. So, yes, it won't be long before you hear something from me about C Is For Corpse.

I listened to an unabridged recording of the book that I downloaded onto my MP3 player from Audible.com. B Is For Burglar is also available on Kindle for $7.99.

No comments:

Post a Comment