If anyone needs me, I'll be reading. Please don't need me.

If anyone needs me, I'll be reading. Please don't need me.

Thursday, February 24, 2011

More "Didja knows?"

In the wake of my recent drinking trivia post, here's a little useless but fun general trivia to enjoy with your morning coffee...

Many years ago in Scotland, a new game was invented. Quickly catching on among the menfolk, the game was in short time ruled "Gentlemen Only, Ladies Forbidden." Once the phrase was abbreviated for convenience, the word GOLF entered into the English language.

The first couple to be shown in bed together on prime time television was Fred and Wilma Flintstone!

The average number of people who are airborne over the United States during any given hour is 61,000.

The first novel ever written on a typewriter was Tom Sawyer.

In Shakespeare's time, mattresses were secured to their bed frames with ropes. When the ropes were pulled, the mattress tightened, making the bed firmer to sleep on. Hence the phrase, "Goodnight, sleep tight."

More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment