If anyone needs me, I'll be reading. Please don't need me.

If anyone needs me, I'll be reading. Please don't need me.

Monday, December 13, 2010

Not bad


Guys, don't be afraid to see the film Burlesque with your wives. Ladies, don't feel guilty asking your husbands to go. I caught the film over the weekend with my wife Alison (her pick), and ended up enjoying it quite a bit.

Christina Aguilera is both down-to-earth and sexy as the country girl who wants to make it in the big city; Cher lords it over everyone as the tough-but-lovable boss of the burlesque house; and Stanley Tucci is once again everyone's gay best friend. Making all of the preceding palatable to the guys in the audience is the general air of sexiness pervading the proceedings, in large part generated by the wonderfully skimpy costumes worn by Ms. Aguilera and the variety of women performing on stage with her. The songs are very good, too.

Trust me, guys, if you owe your wife a movie pick after dragging her to numerous sci-fi action thrillers, you can do worse than heading out to this one. Kudos to writer/director Steve Antin for delivering a fun night at the movies.

2 comments:

  1. You know, I saw a clip of Cher being interviewed about the film and it looked interesting. I'm glad it was worth your time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some of my family went to see it - parents + adult daughter - and absolutely loved it. Well, the mother did, and claimed the others did as well. The dad didn't chime in. Mebbe an upcoming date night here....

    debra

    ReplyDelete