If anyone needs me, I'll be reading. Please don't need me.

If anyone needs me, I'll be reading. Please don't need me.

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Oxymorons

1. Is it good if a vacuum cleaner really sucks?

2. Why is the third hand on your wristwatch called the second hand?

3. Why do slow down and slow up mean the same thing?

4. Likewise, why do fat chance and slim chance mean the same thing?

5. Why do tugboats push their barges?

6. Why do we sing Take me out to the ball game when we're already there?

7. Why are they called stands when they are made for sitting?

8. Why is it called after dark when it really is after light?

9. Why are a wise man and a wise guy considered opposites?

10. Why do overlook and oversee mean opposite things?

11. Why is phonics not spelled the way it sounds?

12. If love is blind, why is lingerie so popular?

13. Why is bra singular and panties plural?

14. Why do we put suits in garment bags and garments in suitcases?

15. How come abbreviated is such a long word?

Just some things to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment