If anyone needs me, I'll be reading. Please don't need me.

If anyone needs me, I'll be reading. Please don't need me.

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Wednesday comics tip


Batman: Long Shadows is a handsome hardback collecting five consecutive issues of the Batman comic book from 2009, encompassing the first of many storylines about Dick Grayson, the first Robin, assuming the mantle of Batman following Bruce Wayne’s presumed death. This particular storyline centers on Dick’s understandable reluctance to fulfill the role of Batman, and his initial “shakedown” adventures once he does. Penguin and Two Face are used well as the villains here, especially the latter, who immediately suspects that it’s not the same man under Batman’s mask, a fact that Dick wants to hide from the world at large.

You can pick up Batman: Long Shadows at comics shops, many bookstores, or via your favorite online retailer for about fifteen bucks. Shown here is the book's terrific cover art minus the title graphics and other verbiage.

No comments:

Post a Comment