If anyone needs me, I'll be reading. Please don't need me.

If anyone needs me, I'll be reading. Please don't need me.

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

A sub-par Scarpetta


Main characters who are once again sniping at one another and a dull, overly convoluted plot made The Scarpetta Factor score only a mediocre rating in the enjoyment factor for this reader.

Unlike many, I usually don’t mind the unlikable nature of most of Ms. Cornwell’s cast, finding it refreshing in a sea of bouncy mystery series characters. However, after being teased in the previous installment with the possibility of Scarpetta, Lucy, Benton, Marino, etc. finally getting along, I was disappointed that the grumpiness is back in full force, with the exception of a contrived Christmas scene at the end.

The Scarpetta Factor is a whopping $14.99 on Kindle. Definitely wait for the price to drop, or better yet, grab a copy from the library if you're still dedicated to following this series.

No comments:

Post a Comment