If anyone needs me, I'll be reading. Please don't need me.

If anyone needs me, I'll be reading. Please don't need me.

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Quick rant

Despite being a big movie fan, I'm usually only mildly interested at best in studio politics or financial issues. But I'm taking particular notice of MGM's ongoing troubles these days (it's essentially bankrupt and trying to find a buyer), because it's starting to screw up a lot of potentially really good films. First, the next James Bond film was recently put on indefinite hold due to MGM's instability, and now, the two films adapting J.R.R. Tolkien's The Hobbit have also been tabled. C'mon, guys, get your act together. Not to sound like a spoiled, entitled American, but decent movies are among the few experiences that make life worth living. Let's get on the stick!

No comments:

Post a Comment