If anyone needs me, I'll be reading. Please don't need me.

If anyone needs me, I'll be reading. Please don't need me.

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Pull in here


It's been a while since this virtual taproom recommended a real one, but it's time at last to pass on a tip. If you're ever in Adamstown, Pennsylvania (about an hour and a half outside of Philadelphia, not far from Reading, PA), you could do worse than pulling your car into the lot at Stoudt's Black Angus Brewery, Restaurant & Pub.

The Stoudt's complex is fairly large, encompassing a fine dining restaurant on one side (off to the right once you go through the main entrance), a cozy pub and bar (off to the left), and an on-site brewery that probably runs throughout the rest of the building.

My favorite section of Stoudt's is the pub and bar, where you can choose between a couple of casual dining rooms and a friendly bar. I haven't tried the pricier food on the fine dining side of the complex, but the pub menu on the pub/bar side is loaded with all kinds of good stuff (from casual fare like burgers and crabcakes to terrific steak and seafood entrees), all at decent prices.

There's a fully-stocked bar at Stoudt's, but the only beer products available are the ones produced right there at the on-site brewery. Have no fear, though: the many varieties of Stoudt's excellent beers and ales will pretty much suit all tastes. By the way, Stoudt's makes its beers available to bars, restaurants, and taprooms throughout Pennsylvania, and, perhaps, in other states. Look for 'em!

Anyway, I get out to the Adamstown, PA area a few times a year and always make it a point to stop by Stoudt's for a bite, some friendly chat, and some of its excellent beers and ales. Give it a whirl if you're in the area. For those using Mapquest or a GPS, here's the full address: 2800 North Reading Road, Adamstown, PA 19501.

Maybe I'll see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment