If anyone needs me, I'll be reading. Please don't need me.

If anyone needs me, I'll be reading. Please don't need me.

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Kick-Ass does


Caught the movie Kick-Ass this weekend, and enjoyed it a lot. It's pretty profane and over-the-top violent, as you've probably heard, but not as much as I thought it would be on either count. And there's also some decent characterization and humor, so the movie definitely isn't trying to be a non-stop shock-fest. Which is good.

Anyway, it's a pretty safe bet to say that if you liked the original Mark Millar and John Romita Jr. comic book, you'll probably like the movie. It's very faithful to both the story and spirit of the comic book, with only a few deviations- all negligible and understandable- from the comic's plot. If you didn't read the comic book but generally enjoy super-hero movies, especially ones with a little edge, you'll also be pleased, I think.

I'll talk more about the movie, and the comic book, in a day or two. But for now, if you're thinking of seeing the movie, I'd say go for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment