If anyone needs me, I'll be reading. Please don't need me.

If anyone needs me, I'll be reading. Please don't need me.

Thursday, February 18, 2010

This and that

I'm no huge sports fan, but wasn't Lindsey Vonn's Gold Medal performance in the Women's Downhill truly inspirational last night? Great, old-fashioned, proud to be an American stuff. It doesn't hurt that she's adorable (in both looks and demeanor), too.

I'm now enjoying Stephen King's big, sweeping Under the Dome on audio, courtesy of my Audible.com account. A great sign-up deal got me this 30-plus hour audio, which I'm now enjoying on my MP3 player, for $7.95.

Eye-reading wise, I'm now a few chapters into Lee Goldberg's The Walk, now available on Kindle for a mere $1.99. I've enjoyed the author's breezy, fun "Monk" books in the past, and it's a nice surprise to see he can do grim-and-gritty, dark thriller stuff, too... and without sacrificing the fast readability of his other work. So far, this e-book exclusive is highly recommended. Full review to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment