If anyone needs me, I'll be reading. Please don't need me.

If anyone needs me, I'll be reading. Please don't need me.

Friday, February 19, 2010

"Shutter" shudders


Martin Scorsese's Shutter Island opens today in theaters everywhere. I don't know about you, but the trailers suggest that the movie is a big, overblown, over-produced special effects extravaganza. But maybe it isn't, or maybe it is but it'll still be good. In any event, Amazon's description of the original Dennis Lehane novel (available on Kindle for $7.19) makes the book seem much more down to Earth, a moody thriller and not the Shining-like horror story the movie seems to be.

Anyway, we'll see. My wife really wants to see this, and I'm happy to take her. Lord knows I've dragged her to enough movies that she would ordinarily have no interest in seeing. I'll let you know what I think in a day or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment