If anyone needs me, I'll be reading. Please don't need me.

If anyone needs me, I'll be reading. Please don't need me.

Monday, February 8, 2010

Great stuff


Busy day today, so sorry for the brief post. I just have time for a quick recommendation, so here goes: if you enjoy great animation, high adventure, creative stories, and classic comic book superheroes, check out the tin-box set (I think it's tin) entitled Justice League: The Complete Series. You get all ninety-something episodes of this terrific traditionally-animated show, and so far (I'm about a third of the way through) there hasn't been a clunker in the bunch.

Justice League: The Complete Series retails for about $100.00, but it's often on sale for a good bit less than that. I paid about $69.00 for it at Suncoast Pictures last Christmas, as a gift to myself (hey, you have to treat yourself nice sometimes).

You can't go wrong with these varied, detailed, and suprisingly adult stories, all of which (at least in the early going of the set), are told in roomy two-and-three-part arcs that give the stories room to breathe and develop. Oh, and Wonder Woman really looks good in these shows, too.

You can be sure I'll be talking about this series again as I get more episodes under my belt.

No comments:

Post a Comment