If anyone needs me, I'll be reading. Please don't need me.

If anyone needs me, I'll be reading. Please don't need me.

Monday, February 15, 2010

Five topics, five sentences

Just some quickie observations as this fine Presidents Day winds down:

The Wolfman, which we saw Friday, is a lavish, scary horror movie well worth your time if you're into such things.

The classic gin martini was my drink of choice this weekend, having enjoyed a cool, sophisticated Bombay Sapphire martini on Saturday night and a more casual and relaxed Beefeater martini during our Valentines Day dinner last night.

My friend Richard Sand's crime thriller Blood Redeemed, the latest in his darkly cynical but somehow ultimately hopeful "Lucas Rook" series, provided some decent entertainment these past days.

We're now taking on 24 on DVD, re-watching the tense and entertaining first season before finally tackling the unseen-by-us subsequent seasons, which we've heard good and bad things about.

Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Lightning Thief, which we caught today, was a pleasant surprise, sporting an imaginative, involving storyline which was not at all a carbon copy of the Harry Potter movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment