If anyone needs me, I'll be reading. Please don't need me.

If anyone needs me, I'll be reading. Please don't need me.

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Book report


In case you're interested, here are the top ten sellers in the Kindle Store this morning:

1. The Apothecary's Daughter, by Julie Klassen. FREE

2. Dead Witch Walking (The Hollows, Book 1), by Kim Harrison. FREE

3. My Name Is Russell Fink, by Michael Snyder. FREE

4. The Almost True Story of Ryan Fisher: A Novel, by Rob Stennett. FREE

5. Shutter Island, by Dennis Lehane. $4.39 (interestingly, down from its recent price of $7.19)

6. Talk of the Town, by Lisa Wingate. FREE

7. Wolf Signs: Granite Lake Wolves, Book 1, by Vivian Arend. FREE

8. Love Yourself and Let the Other Person Have It Your Way, by Lawrence Crane and Lester Levenson. FREE

9. Amberville, by Tim Davys. FREE

10. The Help, by Kathryn Stockett. $8.55

Actually, as I think I pointed out once or twice before when presenting these lists, top ten sellers might not be the most accurate term to use, as only two of the listed books actually cost money. But I guess top ten movers doesn't sound as catchy.

Still, it's kind of cool that there's so much free stuff these days in the Kindle Store, isn't it? In fact, as I've also said in the past, if you don't care about specific writers and just want interesting, decent stuff to read, you could just purchase a Kindle and then read indefinitely without actually paying for a book. That would be an interesting experiment, wouldn't it: trying to go for, say, an entire year without purchasing a Kindle book and just reading the freebies. Anybody willing to try?

No comments:

Post a Comment