If anyone needs me, I'll be reading. Please don't need me.

If anyone needs me, I'll be reading. Please don't need me.

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Audio adventures

I'm trying to confront my technophobia and finally start using my Kindle to listen to music and audiobooks. Hitting a wall, though. Even though I've been using my Audible.com account to load audiobooks first onto my computer and then onto my small MP3 player with no difficulty (well, a helpful co-worker provided a little guidance to get things started), I'm- of course- now having trouble getting audiobooks from the Audible site onto my K2.

I think I figured out the main problem: computers and/or online dowload businesses seem to automatically distrust a second device all of a sudden showing up on the scene. They seem to say, Why can't you just keep using the MP3 player you've been using? And now my Kindle- because it got confused with the temporary interface with my computer, maybe?- won't even allow me to select the MP3 function from its experimental menu, which prevents me from checking to see if maybe I got a book loaded onto my Kindle by accident or whatever.

Sheesh. Guess I'll have to go bother my techy co-worker again. I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment