If anyone needs me, I'll be reading. Please don't need me.

If anyone needs me, I'll be reading. Please don't need me.

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Priority alert from Starfleet


Good news for fans of the final frontier: Paramount Pictures has just announced that the next Star Trek film will hit theaters on May 29, 2012. Though J.J. Abrams may not return as director, he will definitely produce. While the movie is still a ways off, the announcement is great news for Trek fans, especially considering that the last movie was so entertaining.

To keep you busy in the meantime, did you know that close to 800 Star Trek books are currently available on Kindle? I've read several of these books over the years (most are original tales and not adaptations of episodes or movies) and many are quite good. Seen here is Howard Weinstein's excellent "The Covenant of the Crown", a current steal at $2.79 on Kindle.

No comments:

Post a Comment