If anyone needs me, I'll be reading. Please don't need me.

If anyone needs me, I'll be reading. Please don't need me.

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Price drop!

A sincere thank you is sent to Amazon for apparently listening to my behind-the-scenes lobbying for a price reduction for the Kindle version of Kindle Taproom. While it was indeed a compliment that Amazon initially set the price of this blog at $1.99 per month for Kindle subscribers (Kindle blog prices are set by Amazon based on what it believes is the fair market value of a particular blog), I thought the amount was a little pricey.

I mean, as entertaining, fun, thoughtful, and informative (I could go on and on but I'll stop) Kindle Taproom might be, should it really cost the same as The New York Times Latest News blog? I, for one, didn't think so. And I'm glad that someone from Amazon apparently agrees. 99 cents a month is definitely more like it.

So, if you're currently enjoying Kindle Taproom on your Kindle but might have been on the fence about continuing it, I hope the roughly 50% price drop will encourage you stay a while longer. In other words, don't get up from that stool just yet... I'm about to pour you a nice cold Stella Artois. Well, at least a virtual one.

No comments:

Post a Comment