If anyone needs me, I'll be reading. Please don't need me.

If anyone needs me, I'll be reading. Please don't need me.

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Kinda funny

When I turned on my Kindle this morning and flicked on Whispernet, instead of seeing the word new next to The Philadelphia Inquirer on my homescreen, indicating that my daily newspaper had arrived, the line where the name of the newspaper should have been instead sported the phrase, "Sorry, The Philadelphia Inquirer will be..."

Hmmmm. So I clicked on the truncated line and immediately saw the following friendly message:

January 19, 2010

Dear Joseph,

Thank you for subscribing to The Philadelphia Inquirer. Unfortunately, today's Kindle edition has been delayed. We are working with The Philadelphia Inquirer to solve the problem and deliver your newspaper as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience.

The Amazon Kindle Team


Hah! Is this the Kindle version of the paperboy having the flu, or his bike getting a flat? I thought this was pretty funny. Sigh, still no paper, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment